• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

This is a really quick system. The good thing with it being quick is it is strong, so whoever gets it is going to get a good hit.

Just needs to trend a little colder plz

RichardJacks said:
The real question is if this look continues-will everyone forecast the sharp northern precip cutoff showin in Alabama? I am having a bit of deja vu.

What an awful predicament to be in...those are soooo dang hard...as you well know to try and forecast.

I just feel as if people are jumping ship way too soon on the NW trend. I don't remember a storm of this nature trending south as we got within 60 hours. We know that some interaction with the NS will occur, but I just don't buy what the NAM is showing with that sheared mess at h5.

Dsaur said:
Storm5 said:
this isn't a bad run at all for georgia

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah, still getting 5 or 6 here.  That'll go nicely with the 5 inches of rain I just got ::) Still waiting to get 5 inches in sleet, lol.  But, if it has to be snow, I'll take it happily.  I made a sled out of skis, so I can do snow in the street too, if they don't tear it up too bad driving on it  :p  But sleet is better!  T

I agree....not a bad run for GA....prob need a little help down my way with temps tho...lol

SoutheastRidge said:
Dsaur said:
Storm5 said:
this isn't a bad run at all for georgia

Yeah, still getting 5 or 6 here.  That'll go nicely with the 5 inches of rain I just got ::) Still waiting to get 5 inches in sleet, lol.  But, if it has to be snow, I'll take it happily.  I made a sled out of skis, so I can do snow in the street too, if they don't tear it up too bad driving on it  :p  But sleet is better!  T

Do you honestly like sleet better than snow ?

Oh, yeah!  The most amazing storm I ever saw, to include the blizzard, was  a sleet storm in Atl in 61, or 2.  I've been hooked ever since.  I'd trade a foot of snow for 6 inches of sleet  every time.  I know, I know, everyone thinks I'm crazy..but it's a big world...plenty of room for crazy people, lol. T

cmc looks nothing like 12z

so the cmc and ukmet both trend weaker

Pretty obvious trend north-west with the heavier amounts in GA compared to 18z shifted about 2 counties northward. Keeps this up everyday then I may see something for my backyard in NC.

Currently gives Wilkes/Surry nothing. I will shoot down any black crows that come to my yard squawking like hell for worms.

gfs_asnow_seus_20.png
 #kuKahkuKah
#snOMG

bouncycorn said:
Trend leads me to believe that the deformation zone sets up over Atlanta Metro when all is said and done.

Yep - that bullseye around McDonough seems to be consistent across multiple models regardless of how the precip shield shifts around it from run to run. Hard not to believe that's going to be ground zero when it's all said and done. Just hope I can be close enough to cash in!

horrible trends I'm sure many are thinking about this
88770fbf5affe5181749e84ad437c971.gif

The CMC looks faster and warmer to me. Precip doesn't look like an issue in Georgia to me, temps do because it's too early.

The long awaited, well anticipated canonical short-medium range NW trend has likely begun on the GFS... Axis of heaviest snow has moved ~ 50 miles or so northwestward in the past 3 runs over North & South Carolina

output_h5kE4X.gif

I'm checking out early tonight. Hope to wake up to good trends from 06z!

might be okay for places in NC and East TN but it'd be lite amounts.

I'm gonna wait for the gefs but no way in hell I'm staying up for the euro

Webberweather53 said:
The long awaited, well anticipated canonical short-medium range NW trend has likely begun on the GFS... Axis of heaviest snow has moved ~ 50 miles or so northwestward in the past 3 runs over North & South Carolina

output_h5kE4X.gif
I approve this

Yalls play by play feels like the first time I got married and then divorced! Happily I should add!

WilkesboroDude said:
Pretty obvious trend north-west with the heavier amounts in GA compared to 18z shifted about 2 counties northward. Keeps this up everyday then I may see something for my backyard in NC.

Currently gives Wilkes/Surry nothing. I will shoot down any black crows that come to my yard squawking like hell for worms.

gfs_asnow_seus_20.png
 #kuKahkuKah
#snOMG

I just can't get over that amazing cutoff between totals SE of ATL and NW of ATL. Incredible.

Canadian at 72
5b203a729093640b2127a0a0db184a09.jpg

At 90
98653fdbcbf12b29dc0fb3b2a64006f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back