• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

So no big dog? How about a friendly Shitzu that is housebroken? I could live with that.

Uh still holding to the very consistent 1-3 inches in my area. It pays to be close to Georgia.

Deltadog03 said:
Looks like same track idea...bloomed a littttttle later...and a litttttle warmer.
it's a tick warmer but nothing extreme to give pause

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Storm5 said:
good lord the low is still way way south

ya, its going OTS at that point...damn...

Way too close for comfort for Atlanta. Just NW of the city looks like nothing.

Still a great storm. MBY literally the sweet spot there

SoutheastRidge said:
Man this is so confusing. One minute everyone says this is going to be a huge run, the next minute its a horrible run. Just end the madness already.

Pay attention to locale, based on what posters are saying, when it comes to "bad run" and "good run."  

I still see a lot of folks who do not have their locations in their profile.

Storm5 said:
Deltadog03 said:
Looks like same track idea...bloomed a littttttle later...and a litttttle warmer.
it's a tick warmer but nothing extreme to give pause

agreed....prob verbatim just a cold a** rain with some snow mixed in on back here.....but its dang close....temps are like right at -1 to 2c.....with heavy precipitation rates....

Shawn said:
Gonna be a big event for CAE this run. Whew.

I don't know if it's a good thing that we're in the bull's-eye three days out...LOL! But I'll take it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still puts a inch or so down for my area

mydoortotheworld said:
Deltadog03 said:
GFS goes BOOM over GA at hour 84....about to push into SC and NC....not sure about temps...prob a little warmer..

wow no joke

Still lots of time. I don't want to be In the bullseye this far out. It's going to change.

It looks like the flat flow out front on the GFS may have kept things from really going until that first wave cleared out and the 2nd wave digs into the lakes. This allowed room for a little more amplification

I still love where we sit at this hour

It's a BIG DOG for my area! I'm in the sweet spot.

It's still a good event for Georgia-South Carolina overall, boy it cuts it extremely close here but the GFS continues with the same idea it's had since Monday at least.

eastern georgia 6 inch totals

Still not moving NW enough to do much here.

ACCU35 special
165e003877ef13b28396968b3297ee36.jpg

Back