• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

SD said:
metwannabe said:
Meh it's the long range NAM.... and fwiw the NAM-para looks almost identical, has more of an overrunning look to it, quick hitter.... sweet spot maybe 2"
At this point with the warmup inevitable I'll take whatever we can muster.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Why is the warm up inevitable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When does UKMET and CMC run tonight? I don't think I have ever been so interested until now haha

I think some people is feeling this. The titanic going down. Lol
e4b846cb1ef0ee024362ab6174741851.jpg

ATLWxFan said:
SD said:
metwannabe said:
Meh it's the long range NAM.... and fwiw the NAM-para looks almost identical, has more of an overrunning look to it, quick hitter.... sweet spot maybe 2"

Pacific ridge breaks down hello SE ridge

ATLWxFan said:
SD said:
metwannabe said:

cause you bought that damn sled

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Some of y'alls expectation are way out of whack. Geeeeeez A run showing 1-2 inches for a lot of the region shouldn't be called trash.

Storm5 said:
SnowFlowXXL said:
I think the GFS is going to explode tonight
I don't

If it did that would be best news of the night.....oh you mean with precip? Lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

FWIW, taken verbatim, the 0z NAM still ends up with more snow in MBY than the 12z Euro.

Parker said:
When does UKMET and CMC run tonight? I don't think I have ever been so interested until now haha

Canadian (CMC) runs at 11:05 (about an hour from now). Not sure about the UKMET.

Parallel NAM is suppressed. Don't know what's going on at h5 because I don't see any maps for it on TT.

nam3km_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_60.png

SnowFlowXXL said:
Some of y'alls expectation are way out of whack. Geeeeeez  A run showing 1-2 inches for a lot of the region shouldn't be called trash.

It's not that. It's the fact that the general guidance has gone from 14" to 13" to 7" to to 6" to 4" to 2" to 1". Let's continue until we get to flurries or nothing? Is  "At least it's cold!" coming next?

SnowFlowXXL said:
Some of y'alls expectation are way out of whack. Geeeeeez  A run showing 1-2 inches for a lot of the region shouldn't be called trash.

i think what happened is the fact that we had such a good freaking look earlier this week. it was so attractive. i bet you anything if we didn't get that great look prior to what we are seeing now, these 1-2 inches would get cheers and applause haha

Here is the latest SREF for at least two inches of snow thru 84 hours -
ea9228b4702fd09431b829e0484c35db.jpg

bouncycorn said:
SnowFlowXXL said:

It's not that. It's the fact that the general guidance has gone from 14" to 13" to 7" to to 6" to 4" to 2" to 1". Let's continue until we get to flurries or nothing? Is  "At least it's cold!" coming next?

The model that showed 14" is still showing 7".

bouncycorn said:
SnowFlowXXL said:

That is why I am worried. The totals keep decreasing the closer we get with the model runs.

Webberweather53 said:
At least Chris looks poised to get some legit accumulating snow at the end of the run in Macon.

I did see that blob moving my way. Lol. I don't buy it. Lol if the globals go dry like this. Well........

lol these reactions are priceless . But I guess it's all we have for 30 more minutes

Yep that's the problem with getting epic model runs. GFS had 22 here at one point. I'll still take 2.2 and walk off like I just won the world series

FWIW... the NAVGEM is running and it is really bad.  Nearly a shutout for the SE because all of the moisture suppressed in the GOM

SD said:
Brick Tamland said:
SD said:
1-3 from the nam..I'll take it

But the way the totals keep decreasing we might not get anything.
I'll be concerned if the Euro CMC UKM go into the tank. The American models seem to be the most sheared/less amplified/farthest east

SMH! How sad that would be.

Back