• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

really felling the pull this run
b55c07f2cd85b6e3014a015b50d95720.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

FLO said:
Just a curious question, if it snows while you are sleeping do you care? I for one don't care about the snow if I don't see it falling. Unfortunately it sounds like whatever we do get, will be while we sleep. As it will end Sat morning.

pshh just means I wont sleep

FLO said:
Just a curious question, if it snows while you are sleeping do you care? I for one don't care about the snow if I don't see it falling. Unfortunately it sounds like whatever we do get, will be while we sleep. As it will end Sat morning.

I recall during the early-Janurary snowstorm in 2011.  It started around 1am here.  I didn't go to sleep 'til around 4:30am.  I woke up about 45 minutes later, and witnessed thundersnow.  I stayed up for another half hour, and then went back to sleep until around 8am.  

If you wanna see it, then you have to sacrifice sleep.   :D

chapelhillwx said:
FLO said:

If you like snow enough to post on a weather forum but not enough to stay awake to see it falling or appreciate it after it's fallen, I don't really know what to tell you.
I can't stay up all night to watch snow. Sorry. Not to mention it looks 1000000x better falling during the day.

Do ya'll remember the s/w upper low that was supposed to move south and east but instead got trapped in the southwest for days and days.?

Storm5 said:
SnowFlowXXL said:
Ain't no sleep when it's snowing lol
this ^^^^^^

If I stayed up all night watching snow, I'd be too drunk to enjoy it outside with my daughter once the sun came up.

northern stream starting to get out front . let's see where she goes

Based on very early maps and how they compare to the earlier GFS runs today, I'm educatedly guessing that the surface low will again be far to the south when in the Gulf, maybe as far south as the 12Z run. Let's see if that actually happens.

Storm5 said:
northern stream starting to get out front . let's see where she goes

Yep looks like the northern stream wave is slightly faster. Then again it could be that the whole thing is speeding up to more of the CMC Euro timing

remember the days when there was hardly any NS interaction on the GFS runs... that has been the highlight of 2017 for me so far, no shame

Really not much difference vs 12z at 66 you could argue that the northern stream is a little more disconnected and the shortwave is stronger...it's splitting hairs at this point

Back