• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

The GFS hasn't been trending north, it's just been trending weaker with what I can tell.

This might be a case like February 2015 in which one model had it absolutely nailed down for several runs and the other models showed something different and disappointed a lot of people in the areas which were very borderline, but I haven't seen those cases happen too often. In most cases the consensus is what usually happens and for two straight runs we've seen the consensus lean to a winter storm.

9ef42f925dffb0eed51ac314a4f69f67.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Storm5 said:
RichardJacks said:
The euro is the reason why I haven't bought into the +2" for I20 area...the cold air just isn't there...for a number of reasons
yep the high was way too slow on this run

Agreed. We nee the northern branch to swing ththrough first.

if you look through last night's eps there were many solutions like what we just saw on the 12z euro. It's concerning . Hopefully the 12z eps will give us a better idea. but you can't just through the euro run out and say it does not have have support

CMC took a baby step toward a weaker solution as well

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

tellicowx said:

everything has trended weaker. is it right? hard to tell but there is a trend no doubt

Euro looks like it's trending warmer to me, everything else seems like it's trending weaker but staying cold enough.

So who wins?

Storm5 said:
tellicowx said:

everything has trended weaker. is it right? hard to tell but there is a trend no doubt

I think Webber hit the nail on the head...without the NS attempting some kind of phasing in the Gulf or SE coast...this is gonna keep trending weaker

Back