• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Brick Tamland said:
Yeah, less and less here each run while the beach and further south get more.
it's all good brick , you could build a snowman and a sandcastle :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Heavens, when these CMC maps come out my area is in the bullseye. Get ready CLT and further into NC here on the Carolina side.

12z GFS is a good hit for ATL metro, for sure, but it still suffers from warm 2m temperatures during the day on Saturday. Not sure how much accumulate that puts at risk.

Benholio said:
12z GFS is a good hit for ATL metro, for sure, but it still suffers from warm 2m temperatures during the day on Saturday. Not sure how much accumulate that puts at risk.
no need to worry about temps 3-4 days out

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Canadian says a little more North
b25d68b025b6140e00337684fb9fa2af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shawn said:
Heavens, when these CMC maps come out my area is in the bullseye.  Get ready CLT and further into NC here on the Carolina side.

is this an overnight or daytime event if you had to guess?

GaWx said:
Jackpot of 3-6": central MS to Montgomery to ATL (more in southern areas like Tony's), Athens, Columbus, Macon, Augusta, Columbia, Florence, Myrtle, ILM. Even El Kabong in Perry, GA scores a big one.

I liked that it was giving us a nice slug across the central yesterday.  I like the trend.  It's been a long time since I beat out the airport, but it's happen quite a few times since I've been down here.  I'm pulling for El K!  A central Ga zinger is way over due.  Just hope when show time arrives it's still there and there is some sleet.  A big worry is the Atl stations have been on it now for two days, and the weather channel has a name for it....a kiss of death scenario in a lot of cases, lol.  Larry, you might want to head back, to help counteract these unwanted forces!!  T

Sounds like most folks think it will come NW on the GFS eventually. I think the same thing happened with the Christmas 2010 storm. Just a little disheartening seeing the good hits going further south and east right now.

Registering only takes a few seconds, you do not have to post, but we would love to get your input.

The 12z GFS has ZR almost down to the gulf coast. How realistic is that?

NForsythWX said:
Registering only takes a few seconds, you do not have to post, but we would love to get your input.

The 12z GFS has ZR almost down to the gulf coast. How realistic is that?

It happens

Back