• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Storm5 said:
atlanta gets gets over 4 inches.

it wasn't a horrible run

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
067d2444b2ceed44058751d82f7682e6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I just don't understand why the trend south with every run. Weaker s/w shouldn't have that much impact on the location of the low and less amplification should, if anything, bring it north.

It does look like the energy transfers to the Gulf of Mexico... I would expect a low developing over the Northwestern GOM or shortly after that and the low tracking along the Gulf Coast.

Reminds me of that year they said that we werent going to get any snow, and they were off by 100+ miles.

Maybe GaWx could chime in on this, but that low placement on this GFS run is pretty ideal for metro Atlanta area. It's pretty rare for Macon to get it better than Atlanta. A more amped up system is probably bad news for us ATL folks unless we time things perfectly, which is a crap shoot. Weaker Southern sliders are our friends in these parts.

JLL1973 said:
why does this thing keep trending south?. it will be headed for cuba before long.

The models usually does go south with storms for 2-3 days just to eventually go back north.

Yeah, less and less here each run while the beach and further south get more.

Back