• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

But it is south and weaker... Simply because more energy is sucked out of it early on by the NS. There's a clear and evident trend between the energy interaction early and eventual strength of the system.

HixsonWX said:
Trying to get better at reading these things upstream, so a question....

Is this our actual low that hase been hovering around the 4 corners for 18 hours straight? Or does it transfer the energy to the gulf?

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_12.png

Tropical Tidbits is only at hour 78. I see it is on the move now...

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_13.png

It appears Chris gets just about all snow in Macon per the 12Z GFS!

Not a bad run at all. I would like to see that nw trend commence very soon though, usually it begins around 100 hours out so we're running a bit behind schedule for southerly trends.

Shawn in Columbia just about 100% snow. CHS very close to something significant.

this is very euro like with the placement of the low , further south and weaker . sure we had an amped up euro run last night but it had very little ensemble support . No doubt this has trended towards the euro

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That ULL north of Lake Superior looks considerably different this run, once again further SE and more wound up. The evolution of this feature may have major implications for those from the SC and points northward along the eastern seaboard... From AL and points west, we'll probably have a pretty decent idea tomorrow morning on what should occur as the 1st northern stream is sampled today & models are given time to adjust...

gfs_z500_vort_us_17.png

Jackpot of 3-6": central MS to Montgomery to ATL (more in southern areas like Tony's), Athens, Columbus, Macon, Augusta, Columbia, Florence, Myrtle, ILM. Even El Kabong in Perry, GA scores a big one.

GaWx said:
It appears Chris gets just about all snow in Macon per the 12Z GFS!

Ya it did. Not sure tho. I think this should end up a bit further north we shall see  cmc running now

Back