• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

FLO said:
Cad Wedge NC said:
FLO said:
Cad Wedge NC said:
whatalife said:
06z PARA
a58dae2e0d0015c2580793ea9d5b1baa.jpg
35ea9b58c53e8332b0c5add7d0214185.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not saying that this thing comes north, but climo would argue against the rain/snow line being that far south. It has happened before and it will happen again. However, for those rooting for a more amped up storm closer to the coast, sadly, it will take many locations out of the game. I would love to see a board-wide dump, but someone will always be left out. At least we are not looking at the ZR accumulations that was modeled yesterday. One thing about miller A's, they have a small transition zone, unlike miller B's.

Just bc of people on the other board, I wish most of NC would get shut out.
Excuse me.... I have been on this board for quite a while, thank you. Comments like that will get you a lengthy time-out.
I can't get timeout from that board for something I say on this board.
Nope but you can get one here.....so be nice

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

FLO said:
Excuse me.... I have been on this board for quite a while, thank you. Comments like that will get you a lengthy time-out.

I was talking about a time-out on this board...... You do realize that there are folks on here that actually look at model trends and make calls based on past weather as well as current analysis. We really have some knowledgeable folks. Those of us that are truly in it for the intellectual gain, would never behave in such a fashion.

There will be another hit it looks like. Consistent GFS, but it is going towards a more sheared wave.

Cad Wedge NC said:
FLO said:

I was talking about a time-out on this board...... You do realize that there are folks on here that actually look at model trends and make calls based on past weather as well as current analysis. We really have some knowledgeable folks. Those of us that are truly in it for the intellectual gain, would never behave in such a fashion.
I wasnt being serious. Calm down.

If the threat is imminent, we are going to get more serious with posts. Calm down guys. Get along and help the site grow. Don't fight.

Certainly another hit.. But any differences are too subtle until we can see what the low does when it gets with the gulf.

Potent wave starting to drop South by hour 54.

Likely another weenie run incoming. Carry it home guys.

There will be shearing at first, but once it drops down closer to the Gulf of Mexico, it will gain more energy.

So far what I've seen from modeling shows this beginning in my area just NE of BHAM around midnight friday or just thereafter. Hoping it will hold off until at least that long because I work the night shift this week and get off around 10:30/11:00.

Looks stronger at hr60 this looks like a bigger run than the 06z

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back