• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Snow almost makes it to Edisto Beach, SC this run lol. That is just silly.

gfs_asnow_us_18.png
http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gfs/2017010306/gfs_asnow_us_18.png

westmc9th said:
Low is further south this run. Gonna be a good run for many except for the western regions of the Carolinas and the northern tier where less precipitations makes it into the region.

Can't wait. Thank you guys for all that you do. Watching these models and learning from all of you is fun.

Well, here.  Some is likely still falling in parts of Eastern NC:

gfs_asnow_seus_20.png

We have a ways to go to get this sorted out. But places to my south should be feeling a little more optimistic. Both the GFS and Euro start to bomb the LP as it leaves. Somewhere in NC looks to get pasted.

[font=Tahoma, sans-serif]The 6z GEFS is much improved over 0z.  I think most of us would cash out with this.  Shows lots of love for much of Georgia, and almost all of SC, NC, and VA.[/font]
[font=Tahoma, sans-serif]
snod.conus.png
[/font]

Wow, the Euro came on board! Every model showing a good storm here.

Brick Tamland said:
Well, the last 2 runs of the GFS gives you nothing.  It's not far away though.  Overall, good trends from overnight I would say.

There's so much complexity to this I don't see the details being clear even the day before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

packfan98 said:
Brick Tamland said:
Well, the last 2 runs of the GFS gives you nothing.  It's not far away though.  Overall, good trends from overnight I would say.

Not true. The GFS still had snow here.

Back