• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Hats off to the WPC...odds are increasing for NC mountains/foothills...waiting to see the EURO ratios where it will be colder and all snow this far north-west. Any ticks north with the precip and I expect double digit totals to start blossoming.

They do not live by each model run and went against the models with their probabilities well in advanced.

Shawn said:
Yeah, if you are in the Deep South, worry about a North movement.  I feel like that cute little lead wave will help shear it/keep it further South but who knows.
How about the Carolinas, does this have a chance to trend away from us?

I want to go ahead and give a huge pat on the back to you guys getting this site up and running in time for winter after TW. The site looks great, functions great, and has great people in it! Thank yall

Hey Guy I was thinking i could make a chart with members names and location and Age  and other stuff i been wanting to do this for quite a while now i all ready have alots of name would ya like that i also see that people and thier location  i wanted to know if that would be all right thanks  !!! Keep up the Great Work

SimeonNC said:
Shawn said:
Yeah, if you are in the Deep South, worry about a North movement.  I feel like that cute little lead wave will help shear it/keep it further South but who knows.

If I was in NC, I would not worry.   Down here around my area close to CAE we will likely worry about IP/ZR.  We want the snow!

Cary_Snow95 said:
I want to go ahead and give a huge pat on the back to you guys getting this site up and running in time for winter after TW. The site looks great, functions great, and has great people in it! Thank yall

Thanks!  We are doing our best to streamline and make the site stable for everyone to enjoy and talk about the weather.  The forum software upgrade will hopefully allow us to really send this site off on another level.

Bones said:
Hey Guy I was thinking i could make a chart with members names and location and Age  and other stuff i been wanting to do this for quite a while now i all ready have alots of name would ya like that i also see that people and thier location  i wanted to know if that would be all right thanks  !!! Keep up the Great Work

Lets get that done.  That sounds like a good idea!   Hell, maybe we can even link it on the main header for people to view.

Shawn said:
SimeonNC said:
Shawn said:

If I was in NC, I would not worry.   Down here around my area close to CAE we will likely worry about IP/ZR.  We want the snow!

I would be worried if this is a true Miller A any IP/ZR will be very narrow, and a lot may get burned with cold rain.

Shawn said:
Bones said:

Lets get that done.  That sounds like a good idea!   Hell, maybe we can even link it on the main header for people to view.
Thanks I Get working on this !!! I hope Storm5 Approves !!!

Bones said:
Shawn said:
Bones said:

I approve this message lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bones said:

Create an open source google doc excel sheet so anyone can add things like elevation and whatever. Ban anyone who modifies my elevation over 10k again like they did on other board. You will be able to view changes.

Storm5 said:
Bones said:
Shawn said:
Bones said:

Great Thanks !!!

Anyone that doesn't know Eric Webb yet, check him out here on twitter.  BTW Eric, got you set up as a met student over here.  I figure people might not exactly know you're a beast yet.

Bones said:
Storm5 said:
Bones said:
Shawn said:
Bones said:

Great Thanks !!!

Oh My Name Is Danny I Am From Tuscaloosa Alabama

expect the forecasts/discussions will have to trend towards more snow and percentages in the morning for some places...will be interesting

Webberweather53 said:
GFS & ECMWF trying to meet somewhere in the middle w/ the energy out west... Im definitely a little more worried than I was a day or so ago about this going north a lot with that shortwave sitting precariously over the Great lakes ~ day 4... If it phases just a little bit with our system in the southern branch then we could get absolutely hammered, but too much phasing and this is a big dog for the Apps, Mid-Atlantic, and northeastern US
a jb special. his bathtub would be rocking

this came out today, will be interesting to see how it changes tomorrow.
hazards_d3_7_contours.png

Bones said:
Bones said:
Storm5 said:
Bones said:
Shawn said:

Great Thanks !!!

Oh My Name Is Danny I Am From Tuscaloosa Alabama
start a new thread for this so we dont clutter this one

Back