• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Storm5 said:
12z eps
6fa6450611eaff339ae6ee3f4802416c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Another step in the right direction for us west of the main show.  Nice jump towards the GEFS

SoutheastRidge said:
Webberweather53 said:
@ SER & rhart

It's probably a pretty good bet if your at or NE of ATL near I-85 that you'll at least see a trace of snow, inch or two certainly a reasonable possibility esp the further NE you go towards Greenville-Spartanburg...
Wow, you are a lot more conservative than a meteorologist in ATL on the other board (Cheeznado). He is 100% confident ATL will have accumulating snow with 1-4", with the higher totals north and northeast of atl.
he is also smarter vs that met.....

GaWx said:
ATLWxFan said:
GaWx said:
For the Marietta, GA, area, does 70% chance for 1"+ and 20% chance for 3"+ sound reasonable as of now? Any opinions?

I would guess lower for both and include the possibility of under 1". Just based on what the models seem to be showing right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. You obviously don't trust the GFS solution. I had 30% chance of under one inch at Marietta. Maybe it is really closer to 50%. Maybe 10% chance for 3"+ is more reflective of the model consensus.

If there is only a 10% chance of 3" in Marietta why is FFC forecasting 2-3" for Marietta ?

NAM sim ref little more coverage to our west in MS

SoutheastRidge said:
GaWx said:
ATLWxFan said:
GaWx said:
For the Marietta, GA, area, does 70% chance for 1"+ and 20% chance for 3"+ sound reasonable as of now? Any opinions?

I would guess lower for both and include the possibility of under 1". Just based on what the models seem to be showing right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. You obviously don't trust the GFS solution. I had 30% chance of under one inch at Marietta. Maybe it is really closer to 50%. Maybe 10% chance for 3"+ is more reflective of the model consensus.

If there is only a 10% chance of 3" in Marietta why is FFC forecasting 2-3" for Marietta ?

They may be assuming a warm bias at the surface for the Euro and also may prefer the GFS.

bud006 said:
bud006 said:
FFC AFD out via Twitter ... reading now.

Leaning GFS and GEFS ...

Looks like they've been recycling the AFD from 4:30am this morning. Don't think there have been any updates to the Fri/Sat forecast since then. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Nevermind - see it now. I guess my link didn't refresh at first.

• Friday

DualImage.php

Chance Rain
    then Chance
    Wintry Mix
    High: 40 °F
  • Friday
    Night
    nsn_ip40.png

Chance Wintry
    Mix
    Low: 26 °F
  • Saturday

sn40.png

Chance Snow
    High: 40 °F
  • Saturday
    Night
    nfew.png

Slight Chance
    Flurries
    Low: 23 °F
My forecast from NWS

I can't disagree with FFC. Until there is a significant change in the GFS from what its shown for a few days the solution it's showing can't be ignored. It doesn't mean go all out and show close to sign. accumulations for everyone, but it does mean introduce the idea of snow in a lot of the area and keep the door open for adjustments to the north and for the solution that affects both north and parts of central GA.

Hello everyone. Came over here from Talkweather as it seems that most others have done. Was Projectvortex1974 over there but thought I would shorten it up a bit here lol. What are your feelings on central Alabama? Seems should have good moisture but will we have the cold air to put us in the best of both worlds.

N4UPD said:
Hello everyone. Came over here from Talkweather as it seems that most others have done. Was Projectvortex1974 over there but thought I would shorten it up a bit here lol. What are your feelings on central Alabama? Seems should have good moisture but will we have the cols air to put us in the best of both worlds.
welcome !!! glad you made it. I'd lean a dusting right now. still time to improve a little

Back