• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/31-2/2 TX, AR, OK, TN, NMS, VA WINTER POTENTIAL

BFBB7A49-3CF8-460C-A3ED-3F0B0FBAEA6C.pngA bit concerning seeing the 00z models coming in a little colder and wetter for my area. Alot of the cams and global are now showing ice storm warning criteria. I’m curious if memphis will push their ice storm warning southward some

It’s been showing a little more accumulation here too but HUN doesn’t seem impressed. Not yet anyway.
I wouldn't be surprised if HUN has to do something with their northwestern and TN counties at some point depending on what the afternoon runs show.

Models had cold air getting further south then it actually did here in White House. Only touched 32 off and on between 3-7Am. Got some very very light ZR before going back above freezing. Temp is currently 35 degrees so will see what happens with tonight’s moisture that comes through. If Models are correct which they haven’t been so far, there could be some sleet mixed in with tonight’s system.
Nam
0C948BA8-2BB3-4119-9E8B-50DD3A41A9E4.png30A2AF37-DE22-4840-BD69-D797CC581788.png655D5F99-7ED8-47BF-B989-B084DB08B88F.png

Euro thinks maybe DCA and IAD get something tonight.

Attachments

• ecmwf-ensemble-avg-ma-snow_ge_1-5252800 (1).png
    ecmwf-ensemble-avg-ma-snow_ge_1-5252800 (1).png
    101.4 KB · Views: 18
Looks like most of the rest of this storm will be south of me and I've got no problem with that since it's transitioning to freezing rain ?. The main roads are pretty good but the side roads and parking lots yeah are not fun just from the sleet yesterday. Crews have been working 12 hour shifts apparently

Ice Storm Warning for Fort Worth

Hey NorthDFWwx. What's your conditions down there. You don't see to be to excited about this weather. Don't worry brother. And this to shall pass. You will be back to posting intra hour highs before you know it. Hang in there man.
In all seriousness… I do hope that he hasn’t lost power. I seem to remember he spent a few days in the dark with no heat a couple years ago

In all seriousness… I do hope that he hasn’t lost power. I seem to remember he spent a few days in the dark with no heat a couple years ago
I know man. Seriously I hope he keeps his power on also like you said. I think he had it pretty rough from what ive heard a few years ago. I'm just messing with him. I don't wish anyone any harm in any weather. I just wish we could get some of the weather he's getting.

I know man. Seriously I hope he keeps his power on also like you said. I think he had it pretty rough from what ive heard a few years ago. I'm just messing with him. I don't wish anyone any harm in any weather. I just wish we could get some of the weather he's getting.
Yeah.. that’s frustrating. They’ve had these periods the last several year where a great cold airmass gets in place and they’ve had waves of overrunning wintry precipitation that’s last for 3-4 days at a time. Meanwhile when we get a good cold air mass in place we just can’t time one shortwave right. Of course I’m not sure that I would want to experience 3 days of freezing rain

Yeah.. that’s frustrating. They’ve had these periods the last several year where a great cold airmass gets in place and they’ve had waves of overrunning wintry precipitation that’s last for 3-4 days at a time. Meanwhile when we get a good cold air mass in place we just can’t time one shortwave right. Of course I’m not sure that I would want to experience 3 days of freezing rain
Had a little fzr last night but sleet storm earlier tonight and now light freezing rain. Also some snow mixed in earlier.

Just under half inch of snow this morning at IAD and DCA. Up to 2 inches in Shenandoah Valley.

There'a that, and I was also born/raised in Detroit. So snow/ice/cold for me isn't the novelty it is for you natives of the South. I've long been over it.

Times when it's warm enough to go out without a jacket (or heaven forbid, a coat) and there's sunshine in the Fall/Winter/Spring is what's special to me.

Back