• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/26-1/28 Winter Storm Potential

Oh boy so close, another adjustment or 2 like this and boom goes the dynamite
5cb0bd7e1a2abd893642a9ef5dd87c4e.gif

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Definitely looks like we're trending in the right direction right now, and still have some time to work with. Better to see this as we get closer than going the other way for sure.

The trough axis has gotten a bit sharper and slow down on the FV, good
Edit* and the western ridge has gotten slightly better aswell

Oh boy so close, another adjustment or 2 like this and boom goes the dynamite
5cb0bd7e1a2abd893642a9ef5dd87c4e.gif

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Imagine if these three pieces linked up? Timing is off on this run, but for 102 hours out, assuming they are real, they're well within the realm of interaction.
Boom.jpg

It would definitely force a stronger system, developing more rapidly with more cold air and closer to the coast.

Man that looks so darn good, what do we always say? Too bad its probably the last horah for this storm.

Attachments

• prateptype_cat.conus.png
    prateptype_cat.conus.png
    295.1 KB · Views: 56
Definitely still seems more probable atm that we'll get no storm here but you're clearly not out of the woods yet from the US-1 corridor and points east into the coastal plain, this setup is too fickle to sleep on it more than 3 days out. If other NWP follows the FV3's lead within the next 2-3 cycles then it could be game on for some in/around these areas. I still favor no storm at all but the fat lady hasn't sung yet.

This afternoon's 12z Euro just took a big step in the right direction & looks more like the fv3 at 500mb but still has work left to do. Again, those in the coastal plain & eastern piedmont of the Carolinas are still too close to call, a couple more shifts like this would dramatically change the outcome from nada to a really big storm. Even 4-5 days is too far out with such a fickle large-scale setup like this one

This isn't over yet by a long shot for east-central NC

Webp.net-gifmaker (14).gif

Back