• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/26-1/28 Winter Storm Potential

Gonna watch this a little while longer myself. Common sense says it's dead, experience says watch for the common theme.

I’d say we give this one until 0z tomorrow. I’ll still keep a causal eye- I just cannot envision a low pressing that far south given how things normally shake out. Been wrong before and I’ll sure as ---- be wrong again.

I’d say we give this one until 0z tomorrow. I’ll still keep a causal eye- I just cannot envision a low pressing that far south given how things normally shake out. Been wrong before and I’ll sure as poop be wrong again.

Yeah, I tend to agree. Now it may amp up and give us nothing but rain, but I don't quite believe it ends up a sheared mess.

Gonna watch this a little while longer myself. Common sense says it's dead, experience says watch for the common theme.
It may very well be a swing and a miss. However, my gut tells me that we have not seen the final solution with this one. I agree ... let's give it another 24 hours or so to see if there are some positive trends.

To me it’s not great if it’s digging that much that far west. Usually ends up digging to much and stretches out. Ideally it drops in around the Idaho stove pipe and starts to dig more around Texas before getting to neutral right around the Mississippi lineS

The ICON seems as if it turns into a cutoff low off the California coast and there's very little energy that actually dives into the west. Maybe we shouldn't have laughed off that cutoff low off the California coast.
GFS might score a coup

ICON has something for Sunday but only in the mountains.
icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_38.png

Back