• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

This is quickly getting more interesting by the run for us further west.
Yeah… all that’s missing is the development of a mesolow between Columbia and GSP to give forecasters a little “fly in the ointment”… lol. Folks who wave been reading discussions from GSP since or before January 2003 will understand that reference

Yeah… all that’s missing is the development of a mesolow between Columbia and GSP to give forecasters a little “fly in the ointment”… lol. Folks who wave been reading discussions from GSP since or before January 2003 will understand that reference
What a dadgum storm, man. I dont know if anyone remembers acweather but he was one of the first who thought things could go boom that night. GSP went with 2-4" and we got almost 9" of powder.

500hv.conus.png
Liking this run. Northern Stream is digging SW and the southern stream is pulling in closer

What a dadgum storm, man. I dont know if anyone remembers acweather but he was one of the first who thought things could go boom that night. GSP went with 2-4" and we got almost 9" of powder.
In CLT, Brad P’s predecessor Terri Bennett was the first one to mention what could happen on TV… on the evening news she called for 2-4” while everyone else was saying around an inch with more the further east. By 11pm as the snow was first moving in, everyone could look at the radar and see that we were about to get smoked. I remember getting woke up a few hours after that by very loud thunder

That was odd… everything about that run at H5 said the surface should be a vast improvement from 6z, yet the surface looks worse. I can’t explain that one

The energy looked stronger, but stayed positively tilted too long I think.
As soon as everything else started pulling us back in the Euro says not so fast lol. Still looked decent for eastern sections and I thought the H5 was an improvement so I think we're still in a good spot

Back