• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

Wonder how the stronger WAR effete this run
stronger se ridge is good because it takes the mid-level winds and gives them a bit more of a southerly component which would lead to more veering- the more veering we can get the more lift we produce. at least that's how i read it
Got a feeling the outcome is set regardless of the small tweaks we get here and there. It’s going to take more than small shifts of the waves to get this back for most of us
The tough thing is that I'm looking at the difference at 5h between last night's 00z banger and the other runs today and... it's not that much difference. This is a pretty high leverage situation where small tweaks can mean the difference between nothing and inches in select counties

stronger se ridge is good because it takes the mid-level winds and gives them a bit more of a southerly component which would lead to more veering- the more veering we can get the more lift we produce. at least that's how i read it

The tough thing is that I'm looking at the difference at 5h between last night's 00z banger and the other runs today and... it's not that much difference. This is a pretty high leverage situation where small tweaks can mean the difference between nothing and inches in select counties
Definitely can get those small tweaks to get this one back. Starting with more WAR to slow down our N/S. Usually that trends stronger than models show but we need it to flex more and then worry about the potential WAA later. But it’s just not trending that way enough for me to think this is going to be an event west of 95 at this point. Maybe we can get a miracle tho

Back