• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

To my surprise FFC still has wintry precip in the forecast grid for my area from Thursday night into Saturday. I figured they would have removed it completely by now. Their afternoon disco suggested they’re concerned for freezing drizzle regardless once the arctic air settles in behind the front tomorrow.

RGEM 18z ensembles. Looks like a mix between whiffs and stronger ICON like scenarios. I counted 12/20 that were solid NC hits and the remaining 8/20 are either coastal only or whiffs.
PT_panel_060.gif

No that would be December 2, 2000 which looks a lot like this.. But at that time the models were showing 8+" all the way back to the foothills to the end.. Then it ... just didn't happen. The day the ETA died.

Still my favorite snowstorm.....there is plenty of time and room for all kinds of things to happen here....I cant count the number of snowstorms that had me nailed 36 hrs out that trended away in the last 12-24 hrs....

Basically my thinking

Yeah Brad P has scaled back his totals from earlier today as well. Still has 1-2” inches for areas south of I-85 and east of I-77 in the metro area then Trace-1” north and west of there. He says that things can still shift either way

I think this was a home Panthers game where Cantore showed up? I was in the stands and got a sun burn :) Football and a snowstorm in the south? Game on. Nope.
No that would be December 2, 2000 which looks a lot like this.. But at that time the models were showing 8+" all the way back to the foothills to the end.. Then it ... just didn't happen. The day the ETA died.

240EFDFB-F600-429F-9E5E-A4AF7E0AE0DC.jpeghere’s the latest run. It’s running again now and will post that when it’s finished.
@bouncycorn model was shunting snowfall and ice far east before the others were yesterday. need him to post with some inland precip to give us a glimmer of hope.

63DA2BD5-ECF3-4BC5-B77F-F222784CF26B.jpeg

Attachments

• 63DA2BD5-ECF3-4BC5-B77F-F222784CF26B.jpeg
    63DA2BD5-ECF3-4BC5-B77F-F222784CF26B.jpeg
    383 KB · Views: 100
  • D56BDCFB-9D7F-4CBE-8626-2067606668FC.jpeg
    D56BDCFB-9D7F-4CBE-8626-2067606668FC.jpeg
    417.1 KB · Views: 100
I think this was a home Panthers game where Cantore showed up? I was in the stands and got a sun burn :) Football and a snowstorm in the south? Game on. Nope.
Yes it was… 8-12” forecast the night before. It had been cut down to 3-5” by morning. I was at the game too… when I left my house in Concord about 8am to go start tailgating, there was very light snow starting and thought this was about to fun, but by the time I got to downtown the sun was starting to come out

Back