• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

For once 850's aren't an issue but the the way this has trended I would be really surprised is anyone west of 95 see's more than an inch or 2 and that may be pushing it. Even the coastal sections of NC have gone from a pretty big 6-12" monster to more of a 2-5" event which is definitely still nice but not compared to what it was looking like.

Keep an eye on these table scraps left behind. That front piece of SS energy got juicier. Need a sneaky NS vort to come in behind one we are tracking.

500hv.conus.png

What hurts the most for mby is there's so much cold. Temps aren't even a issue, all snow right there. But can't get a storm to even appear.

Meh, moving on. Got about 10 days left of the pattern. Onward and forward.
Couldn’t agree more. This wouldn’t have even been borderline down my way… this could have been a chance at daytime snow with temperatures well down into the 20s… something you just don’t get here much

This might go down as one of the biggest fails if this happens View attachment 108429
No that would be December 2, 2000 which looks a lot like this.. But at that time the models were showing 8+" all the way back to the foothills to the end.. Then it ... just didn't happen. The day the ETA died.

This might go down as one of the biggest fails if this happens View attachment 108429
I mean honestly the only thing I can compare it to is the December 2000 bust that occurred completely at in the last 12 hours, but at least eastern NC was able to get some good snow out of it… at this rate, I really wonder if anyone in the Carolinas gets anything more than token flakes. We can at least hope the HRRR is onto something with the frontal passage tomorrow night.

Back