• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

Absolutely crazy to see the WAR recede further and further each run, like the exact OPPOSITE of what we've expierenced a million times. Of course this comes during the one time we do not need it to.

Only hope is that the WAR is being undermodeled like usual to help slow down the N/S. The SW in the southwest actually trended better but the N/S is progressing too far east too fast.

Looking like the second wave might be a complete whiff out to hr 51. Not good, LOL. Surprising after the 15z SREF.

The 3km is better than 12km nam with some ice and snow in extreme eastern nc, but worse than its 12z run.

View attachment 1083793K has more precip further north but it's really a mute point as none of it is snow and it's really restricted to SE NC and along and south of 20.
It really surprising to see this after that HRRR and Sref… I wasn’t expecting it to come back to last night’s dream solution, but I thought it might be a little improved

I mean seriously has any shift like that every occurred with the NAM in such a short amount of time?? I don’t remember it.
January 2017. It shifted the Triangle plus Charlotte right out of the picture in last 36hrs. That was a NW trend though.

Back