• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 01/28-29/2022 Winter Weather Potential

The benchmark for thunder/lightning with this is getting tops at/over 15kft View attachment 111341
I am about the H. in Bethlehem no thunder when it came over. Snowed like crazy for about 10 minutes. Mangled flakes started to turn the ground white real quick. Soon as it started to let up. It went back to mix. Should be fun for those east of me once it gets going good.

It will drop quickly too. Made it to 46f before the front came through and then dropped 12 degrees since in a matter of a few hours, before the sun went down.

33.8 currently.
37 here after 48 earlier and dropping. Got a shelf of clouds filling the western sky. Should have some dandruff blowing around tonight.

Uhh it’s snowing in Frosty’s Winter Wonderland
613583f62de56b92fa0bdbdfbd969e72.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HRRR is starting to correct with this banding setting up just north of RIC, I’d be worried if I was in DC but just SE of the city looks to be in a solid spot and not matching up against HRRR. You can clearly see along the eastern seaboard where the western extent of the axis will be, really through New Jersey. The southern tail will roll through the Carolina’s this evening and overnight aided by interaction with the negatively tilting upper air trough with some mesoscale enhancements overnight.

ABE4DF9F-2B5F-4840-BB16-1CA2A906D279.png80318BD2-4D5E-4C05-9208-9D2159C3CD05.png

Back