• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 01/28-29/2022 Winter Weather Potential

Believe it or not it’s still raining in Roanoke. 35 degrees and it was supposed to transition an hour ago. Snow reports surrounding me but no snow. The Roanoke curse strikes again.

Believe it or not it’s still raining in Roanoke. 35 degrees and it was supposed to transition an hour ago. Snow reports surrounding me but no snow. The Roanoke curse strikes again.
Im in Cave Spring and it has been snowing for about an hour here. Starting to get a dusting on the deck and the grass. Probably only a matter of time before it changes over there.

Have a legit beginning of a dusting. Was working so could not read and post. I had flurries to light snow starting at 2 PM with 38 on my thermometer, but seemed like as soon as we lost the dry air, then it it went to more of a wet rain snow mix to mostly rain. Then about 4 it transitioned back to snow but was not sticking until just recently. I picked up my wife from work at 5 near downtown and it was mostly rain. Got home and have the dusting. 300 feet in elevation is a good thing!

31 now so lets see if we can catch a good band! ?

Im in Cave Spring and it has been snowing for about an hour here. Starting to get a dusting on the deck and the grass. Probably only a matter of time before it changes over there.
The rates have been awful here, probably the reason why

Have a legit beginning of a dusting. Was working so could not read and post. I had flurries to light snow starting at 2 PM with 38 on my thermometer, but seemed like as soon as we lost the dry air, then it it went to more of a wet rain snow mix to mostly rain. Then about 4 it transitioned back to snow but was not sticking until just recently. I picked up my wife from work at 5 near downtown and it was mostly rain. Got home and have the dusting. 300 feet in elevation is a good thing!

31 now so lets see if we can catch a good band! ?
I hope. It’s still 35 degrees here. Kindve insane how unlucky I’ve gotten so far

Back