• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 01/28-29/2022 Winter Weather Potential

43B20A6E-DD67-47A7-9998-849B19E42F0D.jpeg
All snow up here on Mill Mountain at 1600 feet. It’s a mix in the valley right now so I decided to drive up here. This picture perfectly shows where the melting layer is. If it was all snow in the valley you wouldn’t be able to see the city below. The melting layer is hovering around 1000 feet and will get lower in time.

Come on Euro: get it right like you use to lol
sn10_acc.us_ma.png

View attachment 111310
All snow up here on Mill Mountain at 1600 feet. It’s a mix in the valley right now so I decided to drive up here. This picture perfectly shows where the melting layer is. If it was all snow in the valley you wouldn’t be able to see the city below. The melting layer is hovering around 1000 feet and will get lower in time.
Lukes image shows the snow that we still have on the ground. Most of that has thawed/frozen for the past 12 days...a bit of that up on top of Mill Mountain is making it down. Just stepped outside at 3:39 and we have small flakes making it to the surface...about 1000' where I am at downtown. Feels wet out there, so dry air isnt a problem..

Lukes image shows the snow that we still have on the ground. Most of that has thawed/frozen for the past 12 days...a bit of that up on top of Mill Mountain is making it down. Just stepped outside at 3:39 and we have small flakes making it to the surface...about 1000' where I am at downtown. Feels wet out there, so dry air isnt a problem..
7C820087-3760-4EC5-AF4B-041B1ACC9AFD.jpeg30 minutes later and the snow is getting much lower

Back