• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 01/28-29/2022 Winter Weather Potential

Dang, too bad I’ll probably be asleep then. That band looks sick. Too bad I’m staying over at my girlfriend’s tonight and I don’t think she’ll be okay with me getting up in the middle of the night to snow watch. She isn’t quite aware of how fanatical about snow I am. ?
If there’s a chance there’s thundersnow under this band I know you’re sneaking out the house ? that’s rarity .. think about the rates

Last couple hrrr runs have improved again. I’m sure there’s more snow then rain further west considering the hrrr has been to high with temps today View attachment 111268View attachment 111269
The snow band over Raleigh continue to looks more impressive each run… but the end of the HRRR we’ve been in 2-3 hours of moderate to heavy snow .. still snowing good at the end and temps dropped to 30 then .. HRRR was slow to develop things out west that are already showing up on radar right now .. this is getting interesting

Hope the Carolinas can get an over performance from this one. Had flurries here earlier and should get some more snow showers this afternoon and evening. This was never our storm but with snow this morning it has snowed every single week at least once this January. Sitting at 12.25 inches of snow on the season with the first half of February looking promising. Good luck to everyone East of here.

really hope the hrrr is off its rocker with this precip depiction.
hrrr_ref_frzn_seus_10.png

This is one of the toughest forecasts for SE Virginia that I can remember. It really depends on how far west the coastal low’s precip extends and how well the precip fills in between the coastal low and the band for how much snow we could get, local mets have us getting anywhere from 1” to 8”. Really just a nowcasting situation at this point. Sitting in a WSW for 2”-4” inches right now, while 5 miles to my west is a WWA for up to 2”, and 10 miles to my east there’s a Blizzard Warning for 5”-10”.

HRRR projected temps have been high in Central NC this morning. Said we'd be 50 degrees in FAY at noon, actual temps was 45. Similarly cooler here in Harnett.

I

Looks like it’s expanding the band further west. This is just a now casting kind of thing
i swear, every time we track storms 200+hrs out and here we are within 5 hours of precip breaking out and we still all have no clue. why did we choose this hobby again?

yea hrrr is just bouncing around, going to be a winner if you get lucky underneath strong returns.
hrrr_ref_frzn_seus_11.png

Back