• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 01/28-29/2022 Winter Weather Potential

sn10_acc.us_ma.png

Attachments

• 1643276579533.png
    1643276579533.png
    440.6 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Can see why the Euro wants nothing to do with the SLP precip extending west.

The very thing that is going to dump snow on CLT is killing RDU’s chance at coastal snow. ?‍♂️

View attachment 110916
I’m still skeptical about that dry clot .. also we’re still 1-2 days away here there is room for changes

Best shot for snow at this point for most is going to be the pivoting ULL band. Luckily these things are usually more widespread with precip and have heavier returns within them. I think 2-4” is going to be a strong possibility from GSP to CLT to GSO and yes even down towards Columbia (especially the northern suburbs) as it stand a right now.

Best shot for snow at this point for most is going to be the pivoting ULL band. Luckily these things are usually more widespread with precip and have heavier returns within them. I think 2-4” is going to be a strong possibility from GSP to CLT to GSO and yes even down towards Columbia (especially the northern suburbs) as it stand a right now.

Parts of the midlands will get smoked based on h500 / 700mb. too bad it will be 35F.

For what its worth rest of 6z suite: GFS, FV3 which only goes out to 60 are knocking on the door step of warning criteria snowfall: Assuming its 3 inches in 6 hours In parts of Triad.

Be nice to squeeze about 3-4 out. I still think the coastal guys, especially from SD/Met over to G-Vegas crowd and down to Wilm can score big here. Definitely our Elizabeth City / SE VA posters. It really only takes one little nudge for these guys and jury is gonna be out till it unfolds tomorrow.
"Game of Inches" as they say in football , applies to chasing this soon to be phased storm for the Coastal plain/far NE piedmont crowd.

Back