• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 01/28-29/2022 Winter Weather Potential

I’m actually meaning snow actually falling across the whole state at the same time not have snow on the ground … that’s got to be very rare
I can’t say with certainty but I believe around 9AM on 1/24 it may have been snowing nearly statewide. Only place it may not have been snowing is ILM.

RGEM with obvious nice trends past 3 runs but also see it has some work to be NAM like.

View attachment 110850View attachment 110851
Someone help me out here, but something I’ve noticed is the shape of the trough between NAM & RGEM. NAM is sharper while RGEM is a bit more broad-based. Anyone with some expertise tell me what this can mean?

I can’t say with certainty but I believe around 9AM on 1/24 it may have been snowing nearly statewide. Only place it may not have been snowing is ILM.
It also may have happened at some point during the January’88 storm as well, but tough to see considering the SE NC had a lot of sleet

Someone help me out here, but something I’ve noticed is the shape of the trough between NAM & RGEM. NAM is sharper while RGEM is a bit more broad-based. Anyone with some expertise tell me what this can mean?

Broad based would mean a surface low center further east. I preface that to say keeping all things similar such as tilt and vort max center location, strength etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GFS is not good
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_8.png

Back