• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry ❄The Christmas Miracle❄(12-24/12-25)

Wouldn’t this cape on top of what we are seeing this morning only amplify things much more? What are the limiting factors here
Yes the CAPE will help. Limiting factors would probably be dry air, but the layer is shallow and any moisture we can squeeze out will give us decent ratios with 850s where they are, maybe 20:1 rather than 10:1

HRRR is hinting at the aforementioned potential for Lake effect/enhanced snow off of Lake Murray today near Columbia, SC. Aside from the ongoing band in York County, if you're looking to snow chase today in SC, I feel like this could be the place to be!

1608903971524.png

HRRR is hinting at the aforementioned potential for Lake effect/enhanced snow off of Lake Murray today near Columbia, SC. Aside from the ongoing band in York County, if you're looking to snow chase today in SC, I feel like this could be the place to be!

View attachment 60190
Good to hear I won’t have to go anywhere at all! I’m going to be a bit distracted looking at radar all day

View attachment 60190
said no one ever! ?

Good to hear I won’t have to go anywhere at all! I’m going to be a bit distracted looking at radar all day

Yeah I'd say prime time to really keep an eye out on radar & the sky is lunchtime is thru the mid-afternoon ish (11am-4pm) as sfc based heating generates enough CAPE & low-level instability to get some potential snow showers going. Maybe if you get lucky and the band sits over you, could see up to a light dusting.

View attachment 60190
Snow chasing to Columbia SC, don’t hear that often/ever.

Back