• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry ❄The Christmas Miracle❄(12-24/12-25)

Scrolling through radar tilts from KRAX reveals a good amount about how well precipitation is reaching the ground in central NC. To be honest, this isn't too bad. A lot of these bands (especially to the SE) change only a little with height, which is a good sign (coupled with mPing reports in the last ~30 min) that these are reaching the surface. The bands further north are more virga, but as instability builds and our upper level trough approaches this afternoon, that almost certainly will not last.

Congrats to all who have seen flakes so far!
tilts.gif

Geez imagine later when we steepen low level lapse rates and increase 0-3km cape
All hail the HRRR! As I’ve said previously, low level dry air doesn’t mean jack in convective environments like this esp when it’s not even that dry to begin with or a very deep layer.

All hail the HRRR! As I’ve said previously, low level dry air doesn’t mean jack in convective environments like this esp when it’s not even that dry to begin with or a very deep layer.
It seems like the older runs are verifying better as they had that band around the NC/SC border south of Charlotte around this time

White Christmas and 8 degrees on the dog walk this morning. Highlands, NC...,4000ft at house.E8800952-6106-41D4-B5DC-826A5D17E54A.jpeg
8c8be37c-e7ff-4eec-be53-bcc4928e525c-jpeg.60207

Attachments

• 8C8BE37C-E7FF-4EEC-BE53-BCC4928E525C.jpeg
    8C8BE37C-E7FF-4EEC-BE53-BCC4928E525C.jpeg
    445.9 KB · Views: 202
My WNC folks...I am going to bring my son up to see some snow today. We are coming from Northern Greenville county and we are maybe 20 minutes from Flat rock and 30 from Hendersonville. Do you guys know if certain areas jackpotted more than others and where the best places to go would be? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back