• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

⚡️ Christmas naders ? ⚡️ (12/23 - 12/25 severe weather threat)

Well I've gone and done it. In order for my son to see his xmas gift on xmas mornin and in light of our impending outbreak I put his gift together today. It's a 14ft trampoline which means it sure 100% bound to be destroyed by storms tomorrow. We have so far kept him from seeing.

I've got 4 bags of sand 25lb each on four of the bases and its tied off to the palm tree as an extra.

I had four cement blocks on mine and it still got thrown 100 yards earlier this year from straight line winds. My new one is now tied down with 24” auger stakes. It stayed put during the Zeta wind storm... both my neighbors lost theirs... again. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
WTH... Tornado Warning north of Jackson, Mississippi. I think there is barely any instability here. lol View attachment 59822

d629c04ec1b000fc588a3cfcbdf43a19.jpg

Yeah very skinny cape. Maybe less than 100 J/kg. Amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I've gone and done it. In order for my son to see his xmas gift on xmas mornin and in light of our impending outbreak I put his gift together today. It's a 14ft trampoline which means it sure 100% bound to be destroyed by storms tomorrow. We have so far kept him from seeing.

I've got 4 bags of sand 25lb each on four of the bases and its tied off to the palm tree as an extra.
Good luck keeping him from seeing it.. let me know how that goes

Hrrr ominous with the supercell outbreak along and east of I95. One UHI track goes right over my house which we all know isnt accurate but just goes to show the potential for a dangerous afternoon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201224-080055_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201224-080055_Gallery.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 20
Rah NWS less impressed stating lack of instability and uncertaint how far west the warm sector can penetrate. Well I just got more concerned, temp up 16° since 6:30 am
Yep with these dynamics it will not take much. Eastern NC looks to be in for a rough time. A lesser threat back to the west from around highway 321 and east from there. 1 or 2 hours later on timing could put me in play too, but I don't think it'll happen. That line is halfway across GA already.

Good luck keeping him from seeing it.. let me know how that goes

Gonna be tough but the only windows on that side of the house are the kitchen and our bedroom windows so the blinds are closed and he wont be on that side of the house to see out. We are gonna make this work!!!!

I lowered the safety netting to reduce surface area to catch the wind so fingers crossed but we are in a bad spot this afternoon.

Nice appetizer moving thru atm near the US 1 corridor. Along and east of this band of precip is where you warm sector will be most pronounced and substantial cape will be realized. Also have to keep an eye on how local temps vary in accordance with this warm sector pre frontal precip, you can get locally enhanced horizontal baroclincity, low level shear/storm relative helicity near bands of precip like this. Just something to monitor as the day progresses

A1B5B37D-0CA8-4EF6-9868-3DBA7635A8B7.png

Back