• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m gonna be like @Jimmy Hypocracy when I grow up. Renting mountain cabins on short notice every few weeks in the winter
To be fair, I booked this cabin back in June for the Gatlinburg Christmas parade ? but I do occasionally chase to Sugar Mountain for a quick ski weekend. Thats probably my favorites chase spot around here.

New favorite chase location is SugarTop. It’s above 5k feet and they get pounded with snow in any setup. Highly recommend ??
I bet Clingmans Dome to Newfound Gap will rack up in this system. The only fear I have for Blowing Rock and Boone this time is Linville and Grandfather Mnt will probably wring out the moisture and prevent them from getting much. Interested in seeing the totals and beneficiaries after all is settled.

So what do you do for work?
Manufacturing. There’s more manufacturing plants here than in Greenville, SC! It’s crazy. The unemployment rate in Dubuque is like 3%! There’s also a lot of jobs in agriculture and farm equipment repair. And of course health care jobs are a plenty

To be fair, I booked this cabin back in June for the Gatlinburg Christmas parade ? but I do occasionally chase to Sugar Mountain for a quick ski weekend. Thats probably my favorites chase spot around here.
We’ve been going up for the parade for 13 years but now my daughters dance recital put an end to that. We will be up the following weekend so hopefully the ridge stays away until after then.

Manufacturing. There’s more manufacturing plants here than in Greenville, SC! It’s crazy. The unemployment rate in Dubuque is like 3%! There’s also a lot of jobs in agriculture and farm equipment repair. And of course health care jobs are a plenty
That's cool to see.. I really hate the 'rust belt is 3rd world economy' trope..

To avoid anyone missing out on monthly threads going forward we will let the members name the monthly thread but the thread will be made by someone on staff so it is visible to all.

Thanks!

Christmas decorating complete.

95be96b2618041fe59a45b5dd1b22028.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back