• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

I guess they are waiting to see how this does over Mississippi and SW Bama, but after all the model runs I don’t see how you don’t upgrade portions to a winter storm warning for 2+. They are the professionals, not me, but I see that happening sooner or later.

Nearly every map i have seen shows more than 1" in Central AL yet the NWS says an inch or less. Whats the point in looking at all these models if they are all wrong ?

If this is going to be like 2014, one thing that happened was the precip was way underestimated by the models on the northern end. Maybe that's happening again.

6 inches at college station at Texas A&M!!
And talk about an over performing catching NWS off guard system... winter weather advisories there were not issued until around 7:30 pm local time, after snow had started accumulating

Nearly every map i have seen shows more than 1" in Central AL yet the NWS says an inch or less. Whats the point in looking at all these models if they are all wrong ?

Since it isn't coming in with established cold, forecasters are thinking that most of it is going to melt.

radar is starting to light up further north in mississippi and west of there into arkansas the real world to me is OVER doing the modeled storm
There's no truth like ground truth. And really - boom or bust, I'd argue that having a winter storm system to even discuss at this time of year is a win for all of us here.

Back