• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Snippet from Spann:

"The best chances for heavier snowfall should occur from 5:00 AM to 12:00 PM before the precipitation starts to taper off and change mostly back to rain, with some sleet mixed in."

Usual disclaimer applies but here is the RGEM

rgem_asnow_seus_16.png

What is the best Regional radar with rain/snow algorithm? (link please)

I've noticed the short range models continue to redevelop waves of precipitation for AL/GA/Carolinas throughout the day tomorrow in addition to what may be a deformation band/wraparound snow right after in GA heading NE into the Carolinas. So if the initial wave of precip screws some of us (including myself) at least we still have a chance with the wraparound snow to cash in, that's better than nothing! RGEM is the most aggressive with this wraparound feature.

Big difference between RGEM and HRRR as far as location of heavier snow in NC. (RGEM is further west with heaviest snows)

The roadways are bad out in TX where the snow is falling. If the roads are bad in TX, I'm pretty sure they're going to be bad else where of the area's that are going to be hit the hardest. The way things are going now, this system is being underestimated IMO.
Some remarkable video coming from Texas in that regard...

ok yes, this is the clown maps....but yall notice the nice South shift with the snow fields/bands.....but.....its def. colder this run, the amounts are higher for sure. again clown maps...but yall get the idea
18z

00z

Back