• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Everyone kept begging for the NW trend. Gotta be careful what you wish for. Now the low is tracking closer to the coast and throwing the warm nose in, which is now about to swallow up ATL. Lol

Just a warning. The NAM is limiting snow falling due to a very small warm layer from around 950mb to the surface. So take the maps with a grain of salt because the model wants to keep going back and forth. A couple of degrees lower at the surface and snow maps would blossom much more. Over an inch of QPF falls from line around Calera through northern Clay County with it approaching an inch and a half around Montgomery. Taking the NAM's wet bias into account thar probably give a half an inch to an inch of QPF across this area.

Fun times ahead.
The 12z 3k NAM speaks to your point

Its weird, Im sitting in a good spot for days now, it could change easly but im pumped about this. Even if there were only a dusting ill be happy.

Well if its going to come in during the day i would rather it happen in December when the sun is lower in the sky than in Feb or March.

namconus_asnow_seus_14.png
Wow, ill take this
I like that little jackpot zone in central NC over my house.

Just a warning. The NAM is limiting snow falling due to a very small warm layer from around 950mb to the surface. So take the maps with a grain of salt because the model wants to keep going back and forth. A couple of degrees lower at the surface and snow maps would blossom much more. Over an inch of QPF falls from line around Calera through northern Clay County with it approaching an inch and a half around Montgomery. Taking the NAM's wet bias into account thar probably give a half an inch to an inch of QPF across this area.

Fun times ahead.

So basically it could be colder?

Back