• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

09Z SREF is out. Mean snowfall for Katl is down slightly from ~1.96" to 1.5", but more members in the 2"-5" range than the 3Z run. There is 6 members in the 2"-4" range which is up from only 2 members in the same range on 03Z.

Good morning folks. A friendly reminder that all of the wishcasting for models to shift towards your backyard is more appropriate for the Banter thread. We all want snow, but if everyone puts it in writing here, it really clutters up the thread. Thanks, and I hope today is a good day of model watching for all!
And also, (this is just a suggestion) if you want to post AFDs don't copy and paste the entire wording. Those AFDs can be really long, and they block up the feed. Copy the link to the AFD instead.

NAM leaves a lot to be desired with thermals, as always we're right on the freaking line

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yep. And Irma should serve as a reminder how models can do a lot of shifting even within the 48 hr range as it did for that storm. If I were on the line I’d be very leery of missing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAM leaves a lot to be desired with thermals, as always we're right on the freaking line

Yep. The best place in a snow storm is just on the cold side of the change over. I think it's possible someone gets a decent event in our area but I'm not sure it's us

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yep. The best place in a snow storm is just on the cold side of the change over. I think it's possible someone gets a decent event in our area but I'm not sure it's us

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yep it's a fine line we walk you have to flirt with disaster in order to obtain the glory, I think Roxboro is looking good right now. Anyway we'll see what it looks like as the day progresses anything can happen

Going to be some thermal issues south of 20/59 corridor. Climatology says the precip shield should continue to drift NW today, but Im not so sure looking at the consistency of the GFS ensembles. It would be a shame to waste precip in a marginal temp area.

No, not unless something has changed. Sounding have supported snow to Montgomery for days.

Back