• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Going to be some thermal issues south of 20/59 corridor. Climatology says the precip shield should continue to drift NW today, but Im not so sure looking at the consistency of the GFS ensembles. It would be a shame to waste precip in a marginal temp area.

Dang! Looks like the warm nose area is set in stone. Could that change? Here we go again...geez

6z 3km NAM...Snow train, at least 8-10 hours worth of snowfall in GA, cause there will be a longer duration of streaming moisture.
d334459a3a3b375c64af1ffce98a409c.gif

Great trends overnight for the Raleigh area as the models actually went a little SE. Even if it doesn't actually accumulate as much as the models showed, it still means a greater chance of seeing snow, and that's a win this early in winter.
The nam is the only thing holding me back from getting really excited.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Unless cold air is locked in place and there isn't a rain event that is blocking temps from diving that is in progress right now (or in the future)...seems like its just going to be hard to get a solid event east of I-85 in the southeast.

But it's no big deal. Maybe if it's 2014 like, the low to no totals in Northwest Georgia bust and they get a decent event...and if it works out well I'm going to ride through where it snowed the previous day.

Well let's see how it all plays out. I wanna see how the cold air drains in today and tomorrow. Warm nose looks nasty

The nam is the only thing holding me back from getting really excited.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
See how it goes. NAM is just starting to get in its good range today.

If I was to model hug any model for my area, I'm gonna have to ride on the Euro train. It seems like the best case scenario for right now. I would be on the Canadian train too if we could get the 12z run from yesterday back again today. lol

Good morning folks. A friendly reminder that all of the wishcasting for models to shift towards your backyard is more appropriate for the Banter thread. We all want snow, but if everyone puts it in writing here, it really clutters up the thread. Thanks, and I hope today is a good day of model watching for all!

.AVIATION...
12Z Update...
VFR conditions will continue through today although CIGS will
slowly lower through the afternoon hours. MVFR cigs will develop
in the CSG/MCN during the afternoon and across all of the forecast
area this evening, becoming IFR cigs late tonight. Light rain
will continue across the TAFs through the forecast. The rain will
become mixed with light snow late tonight in the ATL area but
change back to rain late Friday morning.
Winds will remain
northwest 5 to 10 kts.
FFC

Back