• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

I've noticed the short range models continue to redevelop waves of precipitation for AL/GA/Carolinas throughout the day tomorrow in addition to what may be a deformation band/wraparound snow right after in GA heading NE into the Carolinas. So if the initial wave of precip screws some of us (including myself) at least we still have a chance with the wraparound snow to cash in, that's better than nothing! RGEM is the most aggressive with this wraparound feature.

Seems like things have gotten a bit cooler for us. I’m hoping to just see things flying. If not, I’ll drive up to Kennesaw. I’ll have to bring my passport though...not often I go OTP

Last edited:
I really dont understand why they keep throwing up the lack of accumulation will be due to ground temps because if the system is going to be dropping as much snow as these graphics are suggesting then it wont even have time to melt imo but then again im far from a met lol i just want to see some flakes is all :rolleyes:

I mean I can't look at GFS after all that fuss and not wanting to agree with other your gonna do that holy moley

GFS is a weenie lovers dream for Central Alabama and 20/59. Somebody is getting 3+ in there. Forget the ground temp hogwash

GFS clown even gives me 2 inches vs 1 inch last run

gfs_asnow_seus_7.png

Roadways are going to be bad where precip gets heavy but I'm still of the opinion, that this is not going to be as big of a disaster of 2014 since that event came with us in the deep freezer.

Of course, if the heaviest snow comes right smack in Atlanta and causes a traffic disaster, this will be just as publicized.

Now, for my purposes...I just need a jog north with the QPF, so where I go has a good event...but I'll be getting to see snow, even if it's not falling, so I'm good (even if it's just through riding through the area).

This may be a bit much, but from the OBS I've seen to our SW and the short-term models, I'll say it: If we had been cold for a couple more days before this, we might be talking about a super-major disruptive storm.

As it stands, there are a lot of areas that may end up with a nice white surprise by this time tomorrow.

--30--

GFS is a weenie lovers dream for Central Alabama and 20/59. Somebody is getting 3+ in there. Forget the ground temp hogwash
Yea Parker...Am in Calera (near the NWS office) and we are in the "bullseye" strip if everything verifies. Looks great for you guys too.

Back