Wintry Winter Discussion 2023/24

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Rain Cold

Pattern Cha...Loading...
2024 Supporter
2017-2023 Supporter
Jan 5, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Ask and ye shall receive!

Going to be another stinker for the SE. Probably end up +2 - +5 for D-M with AN precip. Why? Nino, plus whatever the background reason for the parade of wintertime -PNAs, cool upper-midwest patterns, routine MJO P3-6s, and neutral/+NAO regimes that we've been stuck in for a decade.

Maybe that dude on YouTube in the hoodie who loves cold easts and winter battle zones thinks differently, though.

Anyway, have at it!

Last edited:
With a pumped up southern jet , all y’all need is one big arctic shot to meat up with the Pineapple Express and then you’re golden!
I really don’t know what to expect up here, since my first 3 winters here were La Nina’s, so will be interesting to see. I’ve seen averages for above normal temps and below normal snowfall for Ninos here, but we will see

1982-83 was nasty here in upstate SC A lot of snow to freezing rain and ending as rain events here, but we did get between 10-11 inches of pure snow on 3-24-1983. 2009-10 was not so good here as we basically got glanced by the big events in my backyard and completely missed the big one before Christmas 2009.

Reactions: Bham 99