• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter 2018-19 Discussion

I wouldn't be surprised if November started off warm.

Me neither.

gfs-ens_z500a_namer_57.png

Is the really ever anything besides a back loaded winter in the southeast? We rarely see more then Fluries before January most years.
Well, we usually torch in February. When I hear “backloaded” I think “seasonal February”

Edit: front loaded to me means “an outside shot at snow between Jan 3 and Jan 14” :(

Cohen winter model forecast. This would suck. 07 was similar temp gradient.

Isn’t he the Eurasia October snowcover guru! If his model works as good as his snowcover theory, we toss his forecast!? He needs JB’s pioneer model, that’s never wrong!:mad:

Isn’t he the Eurasia October snowcover guru! If his model works as good as his snowcover theory, we toss his forecast!? He needs JB’s pioneer model, that’s never wrong!:mad:
Yeah he literally lists on his website that his forecasts are derived from the snow over theory over Eurasia. More than likely he will bust in my opinion.

Yeah he literally lists on his website that his forecasts are derived from the snow over theory over Eurasia. More than likely he will bust in my opinion.
Back when the arctic sea ice was stable, there was a correlation. Now that the arctic has changed, the relationship is non-existent. Heck, it might even be inversely proportional. This winter will test that theory.

Of course, Cohen’s mild winter forecast will be tossed by the masses. That toss is as predictable as JB going cold. It wouldn’t be a wx hobbyist BB if it weren’t tossed. :p

Want a winter forecast?

it's gonna get cool, then warm, then cool, then briefly warm, then cold, then some mildness followed by some snow for some in the SE, then slow warming, then cool, then another mildly cold shot with some snow for some in the SE, then warm and then suddenly summer, and for 8 months afterwards it'll be 90º + with RH of 70% or thereabouts, then this whole circle spins again ...

Last edited:
Want a winter forecast?

it's gonna get cool, then warm, then cool, then briefly warm, then cold, than some mildness followed by some snow for some in the SE, then slow warming, then cool, then another mildly cold shot with some snow for some in the SE, then warm and then suddenly summer, and for 8 months afterwards it'll be 90º + with RH of 70% or thereabouts, then this whole circle spins again ...
When does summer start in FL ? April ?

Back