• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Where would you live?

You would give up Alabama for Florida? I was raised in Florida and been in Alabama for 19 years and wouldn’t trade it for the world.
I would choose Alabama as well. A lot less crowded too. Just not a fan of the nasty tornadoes you guys get.

Downtown Kinston, NC.

Jk, I've seen a lot of support for NE TN and I will support that. Love it here. I'm closer to the high country of NC climate wise being a couple miles from the NC border which is nice for snow. But as a whole the tri-cities of NE TN is 10/10 for livability.

Only downside for the TN valley and to a lesser degree the NETN region is you will be 33-34 and rain for the marginal events while mountains and myself cash in on some snow.

No state income taxes or car inspections or taxes are amazing too lol.

Downtown Kinston, NC.

Jk, I've seen a lot of support for NE TN and I will support that. Love it here. I'm closer to the high country of NC climate wise being a couple miles from the NC border which is nice for snow. But as a whole the tri-cities of NE TN is 10/10 for livability.

Only downside for the TN valley and to a lesser degree the NETN region is you will be 33-34 and rain for the marginal events while mountains and myself cash in on some snow.

No state income taxes or car inspections or taxes are amazing too lol.
NE Tennessee is nice. I agree with you about the snow though. I think the airport there averages like 10 inches or so. Go a few miles nw to Wise or Norton Virginia and they get the upslope snow and average like 45 inches a Winter.

I would move to Columbia Mo off i70. It's a nice city. Crime is very low and they get more snow than we will ever think of lol. Per winter on average. I like all seasons and Florida isn't an option. We struggle to get a few inches here in my area. If I was offered a job paying $400,000 to move to Florida or one paying $80,000 here, I would straight up stay my little ass rigt here, mainly due to winter??. Win, lose, or draw lol

Reactions: WSW
I would move to Columbia Mo off i70. It's a nice city. Crime is very low and they get more snow than we will ever think of lol. Per winter on average. I like all seasons and Florida isn't an option. We struggle to get a few inches here in my area. If I was offered a job paying $400,000 to move to Florida or one paying $80,000 here, I would straight up stay my little ass rigt here, mainly due to winter??. Win, lose, or draw lol
Yeah you really have to have snow in the Winter. ;)

It's fun tracking what opportunities we have. Can't do it too often from Florida lol
Thank you. That says it all. I like weather. There is none here. Its the same all the time. There are no topographical changes. Everywhere looks the same.:D

I drove through there on my way to Colorado years ago. I would think they average at least 20 inches of snow or so.

I don't think I would want to mive to another state in the south. I would like living at the OBX in the Nags Head/Kill Devil Hills/Kitty Hawk area, and in the mountains near Boone. If I moved to another state I would rather it be somewhere competely different like Montana.

I don't think I would want to mive to another state in the south. I would like living at the OBX in the Nags Head/Kill Devil Hills/Kitty Hawk area, and in the mountains near Boone. If I moved to another state I would rather it be somewhere competely different like Montana.
I second the OBX. Only hatteras is acceptable though

All I can think right now is anywhere NORTH of 85. I have a sinkin feeling everytime I remember I moved to Canon (just south of 85). It matters....??

Thank you. That says it all. I like weather. There is none here. Its the same all the time. There are no topographical changes. Everywhere looks the same.:D
Seasons. People need seasons. Growing up in South GA and FLA, I don't see how people stand it. It's got its perks and beauty for sure but no seasons, snakes and skeeters. Naw.

Back