• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Where would you live?

If I was forced to move back to the south (I'm really enjoying the cooler and colder weather in Maine) I would move to St. Simons Island, GA. I love that beach, the town, the houses, the moss swaying from the trees and Southern Soul BBQ! I could deal with the heat and the humidity there because I could go in the Atlantic to cool off. Up here in Maine, I need a dry suit to swim in the ocean, its too dang cold for more than toes touching it for like 2 minutes! Other places in the south are beautiful but I LOVED going to SSI many times a year when I was in GA.
The furthest north i've been is Massachusetts. I would love to go to Maine. All of New England looks amazing.

I personally like Banner Elk, NC, but I’ve also stopped in Bryson City 9 or 10 times over the summer when coming back from my OEC class at Cataloochee. Ellijay and Blue Ridge, GA are pretty nice now as well, but the latter 3 are all sub 1800’ elevation.
Yeah, i would like to be above 3000'

You must have some sort of family connection in Dubuque. Otherwise why would anyone move there ?
I threw a dart! I didn’t know one human in Iowa!! I don’t have any family at all N of NC

Reactions: WSW
The pink areas are what I have left to cover in North America, the only ones I really want to visit are Montana, Idaho, and Alberta. I thought about flying to Minneapolis and covering the 5 states around there to check them off, but gross.
Minnesota has some really pretty spots especially north of Duluth.

You never know what you're going to like. I drove from SC to AZ in March. I thought most of Texas was sorta ugly...lol
Im not too fond of most of the landscape in Texas but I was impressed with how nice the people are there. I've visited many states, and Texans were by far the nicest. My least favorite state I've visited is New Jersey.

Im not too fond of most of the landscape in Texas but I was impressed with how nice the people are there. I've visited many states, and Texans were by far the nicest. My least favorite state I've visited is New Jersey.
We'll just have to agree to disagree on the Texas part. ;)

mountains of north carolina above 3000 feet..no doubt
That would be awesome. I also really like Garrett County Maryland, and the West Virginia counties too. Honestly seems like it snows every 2 or 3 days there in the Winter.:D

Iowa is as far north as I have been in the states! Was born in Washington DC, eons ago! Gonna make a trip to the start of the Mississippi River next summe! It’s so shallow and small, you can walk across the river there

That would be awesome. I also really like Garrett County Maryland, and the West Virginia counties too. Honestly seems like it snows every 2 or 3 days there in the Winter.:D
heck i lived in far southeast ky on wv border,it snowed a lot there

Iowa is as far north as I have been in the states! Was born in Washington DC, eons ago! Gonna make a trip to the start of the Mississippi River next summe! It’s so shallow and small, you can walk across the river there
That sounds really cool. Born in Leesburg VA, but of course spent lots and lots of time in DC. Dad worked there. Took the metro all the time to go to museums etc. Spent lots of weekends in Georgetown at the bars starting at 18.;)

I'm digging the cape fear region. Fishing at my fingertips. We go to the beach a couple times a week.

Reactions: WSW
I'm digging the cape fear region. Fishing at my fingertips. We go to the beach a couple times a week.
I used to love love love the beach, but as i get older i don't have any interest in it anymore...LOL

That sounds really cool. Born in Leesburg VA, but of course spent lots and lots of time in DC. Dad worked there. Took the metro all the time to go to museums etc. Spent lots of weekends in Georgetown at the bars starting at 18.;)
Lol! That sounds fun! I was born at Walter Reid Army Hospital. My dad retired literally 2 weeks later and for some reason , moved to Gastonia! Lived there 21 years! Good times

Lol! That sounds fun! I was born at Walter Reid Army Hospital. My dad retired literally 2 weeks later and for some reason , moved to Gastonia! Lived there 21 years! Good times
Life is funny sometimes. You never know where the hell you're gonna end up!;)

Back