• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Where would you live?

I'd probably like Iowa. The climate for sure with all the changes. Tornadoes sorta scare me though. I have family on the other end of the state in Council Bluffs and more in Omaha.
It’s pretty flat the farther you get from the Mississippi in iowa. Dubuque is cool, it’s kind of on the “North side)” of the rain snow cutoff more times than not! If it’s going to be a r/s line, it’s usually snow Nof Hwy 20. And far more wooded around here also. DBQ really looks a lot like the piedmont of NC/SC , where I spent all my years until 2020! I miss carp fishing, but that’s about it! Oh and the Fish camps in Belmont , NC! ?

Reactions: WSW
It’s pretty flat the farther you get from the Mississippi in iowa. Dubuque is cool, it’s kind of on the “North side)” of the rain snow cutoff more times than not! If it’s going to be a r/s line, it’s usually snow Nof Hwy 20. And far more wooded around here also. DBQ really looks a lot like the piedmont of NC/SC , where I spent all my years until 2020! I miss carp fishing, but that’s about it! Oh and the Fish camps in Belmont , NC! ?
Yeah, from pics of the area looks nothing like what you would expect Iowa to look like!:) I like trees and hills. Dad was from Pittsburgh and remember lots of good times there.

Jackson Hole Wyoming. That’s the only place I would want to move to anywhere. Why idk just looks like a nice little town on the web cams and they get a lot of snow. Seems like a low key slow pace type of place which is perfect for me.
I would like a place just over the Tetons in Driggs. Cheaper and quiet. Still beautiful and plenty of trout. They had snow on the ground from Halloween to Easter last year.

I would like a place just over the Tetons in Driggs. Cheaper and quiet. Still beautiful and plenty of trout. They had snow on the ground from Halloween to Easter last year.
Oh man that sounds epic!

So after much pondering, i realized i have been to 30 states...lol

Another one that comes to mind for beauty is New York state. Loaded with lakes, trees and hills. AND SNOW:D

NoVA, Warren county area, SE of Front Royal with some elevation.

Honestly if money was no object, I’d love to live in the Lake Effect Snow belts! Watertown, Lake and or Ashtabula counties, wherever I can get 4-6’ in 2 days! That waoukd be amazeballs, and I’d live in Pacific NW in summer and my garden and yard would be fantabulous!!

You must have some sort of family connection in Dubuque. Otherwise why would anyone move there ?

I personally like Banner Elk, NC, but I’ve also stopped in Bryson City 9 or 10 times over the summer when coming back from my OEC class at Cataloochee. Ellijay and Blue Ridge, GA are pretty nice now as well, but the latter 3 are all sub 1800’ elevation.

The pink areas are what I have left to cover in North America, the only ones I really want to visit are Montana, Idaho, and Alberta. I thought about flying to Minneapolis and covering the 5 states around there to check them off, but gross.

Attachments

• 0F9660E0-A692-460C-9265-A529151FBE97.png
    0F9660E0-A692-460C-9265-A529151FBE97.png
    136.1 KB · Views: 17
If I was forced to move back to the south (I'm really enjoying the cooler and colder weather in Maine) I would move to St. Simons Island, GA. I love that beach, the town, the houses, the moss swaying from the trees and Southern Soul BBQ! I could deal with the heat and the humidity there because I could go in the Atlantic to cool off. Up here in Maine, I need a dry suit to swim in the ocean, its too dang cold for more than toes touching it for like 2 minutes! Other places in the south are beautiful but I LOVED going to SSI many times a year when I was in GA.

Back