• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Subtropical Storm Alberto

Inland effects will be a bit tricky if your not close to landfall. There is going to be a pretty big dry slot with this. Even on the east side. There are parts of GA that will see this. And maybe some rain amounts around an inch or so.
Yep good point . Someone is gonna get dry slotted no doubt . Just look at southern Florida currently . They are getting shafted from the big totals they were expecting

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

af3fb00ecebc44ba78eaa33d7aaedfd9.gif

Yep good point . Someone is gonna get dry slotted no doubt . Just look at southern Florida currently . They are getting shafted from the big totals they were expecting

I believe someone mentioned that whoever is on that N/NW could get hit pretty good (for lack of a better term).

NAM shows this (I know its overamped)

nam3km_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_42.png

namconus_ref_frzn_seus_38.png

Under a flood watch here until Tuesday 8AM, for 3-6” of rain, with locally 8-10” amounts!

The system should accelerate once inland as it gets squeezed between the bermuda high and trough in the rockies which might put a cap on large areas seeing huge rain totals. That said the setup favors big totals in the upslope areas of the apps where double digit totals could fall

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This storm is a west side storm ATM, east side getting dried out some. I think later today it may moist up with day time heating. It also looks to be heading somewhat of a "Westish" motion but i could be wrong

Up to 50 mph and 994 mb pressure. No cone adjustments from what I could see. The discussion also states Alberto is transitioning to a tropical cyclone now and should be one later today or tonight.

West jog or movement is happening. The Rap really ramps up this storm before landfall.

2 things. It appears the LLC is on the eastern part of the ball of storms, and still moving north. The other thing is, to me, it’s very clear that GA is going to get dry slotted. Yes we will pick up prob 1-3” with some higher amounts, but unless your near the center after landfall your not going to see the super high totals. AL being the heaviest rain areas.

2 things. It appears the LLC is on the eastern part of the ball of storms, and still moving north. The other thing is, to me, it’s very clear that GA is going to get dry slotted. Yes we will pick up prob 1-3” with some higher amounts, but unless your near the center after landfall your not going to see the super high totals. AL being the heaviest rain areas.
Looks to me that N GA, atleast, is going to get hammered by the monster band of rain that is just E of Florida, and will rotate NW into S.C. and E GA. NGa is also shown to get 3-5” of rain, so not sure about dryslot?

Looks to me that N GA, atleast, is going to get hammered by the monster band of rain that is just E of Florida, and will rotate NW into S.C. and E GA. NGa is also shown to get 3-5” of rain, so not sure about dryslot?
Upslope areas will more than likely see the most rain in the state of GA if currents trends continue IMHO

I do think there is a pretty decent severe setup for GA tho as well

Back