• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Subtropical Storm Alberto

As I mentioned yesterday, watch and see if it maintains this subtropical look. Of it does watch where that "frontal" band moves on shore for training convection.

0z Euro is way east basically onshore tomorrow night in the Florida big bend

And much weaker

0z Euro is way east basically onshore tomorrow night in the Florida big bend
And much weaker

The latest Euro run is only 250 miles ENE of the run from 24 hours ago and gets it to within 115 miles of Phil as of 8 PM Sunday! Walking may not be recommended at Vets park. Wait til Phil sees this after he wakes up. But something tells me he won't be surprised as he kept warning us about the track uncertainty.

Maybe it is weaker due to the cooler far E Gulf SSTs?

Last edited:
DeM4tY4X0AI5OXq.jpg

Makes sense east=weaker cooler water and less time

This is a massive win for the gfs to start the season too
A massive win ? It had this thing east of Florida for like 5 days in a row . And it's only been correcting east after moving towards a euro track
a57dfc67fa902bee45c6e4163fe607eb.gif

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Lol JB wants this become a hurricane so bad so his forecast does not bust

The Florida panhandle into eastern Alabama and western Georgia…4
to 8 inches, isolated 12 inches.
https://www.alabamawx.com/?p=162393

FFC seems to be downplaying this, per usual. Do not understand their thinking??? Any thoughts?
3-4 inches of rain with wind gusts in the 30mph range . How is that downplaying when it's an extremely weak system
96761877832a5764994ba0b7db73cb5a.jpg

I missed where it it actually made landfall....where was it? Oh wait, it hasnt happened. So your GUESS, backed by zero evidence, model interpretation, etc, wont be anything but that...a lucky guess. Wishcasting every system to the Atlanta area is bound to be right every once in a while.

Inland effects will be a bit tricky if your not close to landfall. There is going to be a pretty big dry slot with this. Even on the east side. There are parts of GA that will see this. And maybe some rain amounts around an inch or so.

3-4 inches of rain with wind gusts in the 30mph range . How is that downplaying when it's an extremely weak system
96761877832a5764994ba0b7db73cb5a.jpg

It isn't. It would have to be a 65 mph storm at landfall and would have to intensify a lot today. Latest path seems to put the outer bands over N GA, so severe weather is what I would be looking for. I think the max on this is 55 mph at this point.

Back