• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Threat April 5th-7th

South of I20 and East of I65....hold on to your hats....rest of AL may not see a red letter type day, but possibly some isolated SVR reports.

I am right on the line. Interested to see how the rest of the day plays out. I am right where the end of 459 meets I-20 to tuscaloosa. Sun is shining bright here at the office off of exit 6 in Bessemer area.

MLCAPE at 21z
mlcape.us_se.png

South of I20 and East of I65....hold on to your hats....rest of AL may not see a red letter type day, but possibly some isolated SVR reports.

Based on what. Sun is out in west alabama into ms and the dry line is draped over the ms river right now. CAPE is advecting north and the sun being out will only destabilize things more for west and north alabama.

Definitely some holes in cloud cover throughout AL and starting to pop up in East AL as well think we are about a hour or so away from seeing large sections of cloud breaks over East AL Central/N Central GA

This is a really interesting severe weather event to watch unfold. Already had some bad storms today. I will be curious to see what happens once we get some breaks in the clouds.

Lol all the mets on twitter trashing the HRRR and the NAM . What the heck are they gonna use lol

Back