Pattern September Somnolence

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Yeah, west of the Apps gets 2-4” of rain, we barely get an inch through Sunday! Stalled fronts rock, and it’s suppo to get to 91 tomorrow! We are winning so hard !:(
Going to call my heating and air guy out tomorrow to make sure the AC is ready for winter. I tested its limits in the last 90 days :(

cold front plowing through OKC right now... gonna struggle to stay a tomorrow with a strong north wind and may have 50s tomorrow night...:eek: saying good riddance to summer here

Reactions: MBell
Gainesville, FL, is on their way to the warmest Sep on record, beating the historic 1925 by at least the better part of one degree!

Reactions: MBell
This amends the post made yesterday, here ... http://southernwx.com/community/threads/september-somnolence.417/page-17#post-111740

The data I used came from Intellicast; the historic data was woefully incorrect, which, of course, made the post likewise. Larry was kind enough to point that out to me via PM. So, 4 things:
1) The post is factually incorrect;
2) Larry is a true gentleman (and a scholar) for letting me know the error privately;
3) The original post is not being deleted since the qualitative sentiment of "don't lose hope" stands ... ;); and
4) Don't rely on Intellicast for historic data.
Phil

Reactions: Rosie and GaWx
Word on the street is there could be some storms around here tonight.

Just a tick over 4 inches since Midnight in McCalla (I59/20 and I459) interchange in the B'ham Metro. Training right through central AL most of the day.

I haven't received any rain at my location for the past two weeks. Additionally, temperatures have been brutal SE of this stalled front. Outside of 2002, I can never remember a "summer' that just seemingly would never end.

A strong storm coming through Carrboro now. Looks like things are starting to fire up around here.