• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Possible Snow & Ice Threat Nov 14-15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it is the NAM, but it has a closed core low in Arkansas at 69 hours
namconus_z500_vort_us_48.png

If the NAM verifies, northwest AL could get some snow from the closed core low.

I’m near the bullseye, what could go wrong?? What’s the ICON showing!?

Why is a lot of what supposed to be snow I guess. On the nam showing up as rain?
It’s the algorithm of the model or something, they can’t tell the difference between ice and snow, so they spit out absurd amounts of “snow” . That’s why these are usually called “ clown” maps.

It’s the algorithm of the model or something, they can’t tell the difference between ice and snow, so they spit out absurd amounts of “snow” . That’s why these are usually called “ clown” maps.
Yea, I think Pivotal maps do better with depicting zr/ip and sn amounts in areas than TT. Here is freezing rain and snow (kuchera) through 84 hours. Also the 3K NAM has light zr breaking out at hour 60 in portions of N AL and NW GA with closed off ULL back West over AR...but it is the end of the run and it's the NAM so FWIW right now.
nam zr.png nam snow.png

Aw man! Just when I was heading to Biloxi on Tuesday evening... Geez! Well, still a thing to watch for you all mid next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back