• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Possible Snow & Ice Threat Nov 14-15

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread was good practice for things to come. It was just too early in the season for a real threat. As was mentioned before, If this had been later into winter, we would have been looking good.
This was a test thread lol. Hey little over 3 weeks from now will be right at 1 year anniversary of December 7/8 snowstorm

I don’t know where the sled is. Somewhere in the garage. I’m not looking for it in November so let’s just move along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you pull the sled out before December 1 the ban button might have to come out !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:eek::weenie:

xbergi.jpg

Gonna be funny when others come to visit our board and see we have a possible snow threat thread open, We're in line now LOL!!

This is a test of the SouthernWx snow watch system. The members of SouthernWx in cooperation with Mods and Supporters in our area have developed this system to keep you informed in the event of rare southern winter storm. If this had been an actual snow watch thread the posts you read would have followed by exploding pants, a run on milk and bread and multiple IMBY questions. SouthernWx serves the southeast region of the United States. This concludes the test of the SouthernWx snow watch system.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of talk about it anymore, but still looks interesting here for Thursday.

0Z GFS closes off at 5H over AR and tracks in TN. There is a CAD event this run for the mountain region of NC as the second SLP tracks up the East coastline with a ~1035mb high to the Northeast. FV3 breifly closes off, but not as strong with the energy. FV3 does have some frz precip in portions of northern NC from the second low that rides up the coast line. The NAM cuts the energy off further back and over TX as well as the CMC.
gfs5h.png
gfs slp.png

Attachments

• fv3.png
    fv3.png
    231 KB · Views: 22
  • nam.png
    nam.png
    232.3 KB · Views: 23
I was saying earlier yesterday that our NC folks needs to watch next week CAD area. Interesting that the nam is the first to pick out a low or something coming up from the gulf and now other models starting to see that

o_O

Monday
Rain in the morning...then a chance of rain or snow in the afternoon. No snow accumulation expected. Highs in the lower 40s. Temperatures falling into the upper 30s in the afternoon. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph becoming north 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent

o_O

Monday
Rain in the morning...then a chance of rain or snow in the afternoon. No snow accumulation expected. Highs in the lower 40s. Temperatures falling into the upper 30s in the afternoon. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph becoming north 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent
Congrats man, I knew something would come your way Lol

Instead of making a new thread for the ice threat, I decided to change the title of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back