• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Oppressive Ornery Obstinate Opposite October

I'm all in on a below normal November. Unfortunately as we get towards Christmas I think we transition into a western trough / ridge east pattern that rolls right into January. I think January is a wash this year that ends up a good bit above normal.

So IMO we need to score before Christmas or we might have to wait till February

I'm all in on a below normal November. Unfortunately as we get towards Christmas I think we transition into a western trough / ridge east pattern that rolls right into January. I think January is a wash this year that ends up a good bit above normal.

So IMO we need to score before Christmas or we might have to wait till February
A front loaded winter! I like it! A 2002 early Dec redux, will be just fine! :)

The GFS kept it up overnight and said snow here at 0Z. Probably up to its old games again, but the euro ends on the same look at H5 with a -NAO. Also, this tropical system may or may not come into play if it forms. But it's just the GFS with it right?

Really, none of us knows about this winter how exactly it will pan out. Is it ok to think maybe just maybe, if we start getting an early cold it may continue pretty well rest of winter? Cold or no cold, will get our Snow chances throuhout winter.

I dont remember 2002 but I'll take your word for it
Here you go ... :cool:

cd70.184.144.94.289.8.36.22.prcp.png

Well hello sexy!!! Thanks Phil for the daily encouragement!
Is Brick back!? :)
That was the year I believe of the devastating ice storm for the western Carolinas! Most in NC had a 1-2" thump of snow, followed by ZR/ sleet, and lots of it! It was right after thanksgiving, temps low to mid --20s all day! I had about 1" QPF, all ZR and little sleet! It was like 62 the day before! Not another wintry event that winter, but that was a doozy!

Back