• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November Nuances

Yeah, I don't know why a couple of folks are always negative. Things look to be progressing nicely into a favorable pattern for winter storms here going into December. I guess that is just their m.o.

For as many glass half full people, there’s equal amounts of glass half empty people. Remember packbacker from AmWx? He was probably the most negative person I’ve ever met. He’s probably preparing for the apocalypse right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For as many glass half full people, there’s equal amounts of glass half empty people. Remember packbacker from AmWx? He was probably the most negative person I’ve ever met. He’s probably preparing for the apocalypse right now.

Ain't that the truth!

:rolleyes:
Here's a glass, gladly half-full ... :cool:

sfc_count_sup814_temp.gif

CPC 8-14 day analogs in full color
59d2c7db4c343a8b5b9d27b36cec9e72.gif

The dry wedge setting up Friday, looks like fun. Highs in the 40s down to ATL

Some are probably trolling, but I think some are just perpetually down, that' just the way they live.
Yeah anyone who complains after the start to winter we’ve had or should I saw fall will complain no matter what. I’ve pretty much been below normal on temps since mid October and now normal feels kind of hot. I’ve seen my first snow as have others on the board and I’ve seen more fantasy snows at this point then I did through December of last year. Regardless of how good the setup looks I do not realistically expect to see accumulating snows until January. If I do I will consider it a bonus but I definitely won’t get flustered by any long term forecasts that don’t look perfect.

One of (if not THE) main reasons I think there's been such s sharp NW to SE gradient in the SE US from very cold NW (like in Memphis) to warm FL is the still very warm SW Atlantic and Gulf SST/OHC (which resulted in an historic very late cat 4 Michael hit on FL). That battleground is probably serving to up the storminess/precip. in the SE US. I assume that the cold will eventually win this winter and gradually push the warm SW Atlantic/Gulf SST anomalies further offshore. Actually, per this 4 week chart, you can see this gradually already occurring:

Very warm SW Atlantic Gulf SSTs:
http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/hurricane/atlsst.html

Another thing I've noted is that high temperature anomalies have been much colder than low temp anomalies in most of the US in recent weeks.

Last edited:
Yeah anyone who complains after the start to winter we’ve had or should I saw fall will complain no matter what. I’ve pretty much been below normal on temps since mid October and now normal feels kind of hot. I’ve seen my first snow as have others on the board and I’ve seen more fantasy snows at this point then I did through December of last year. Regardless of how good the setup looks I do not realistically expect to see accumulating snows until January. If I do I will consider it a bonus but I definitely won’t get flustered by any long term forecasts that don’t look perfect.
IKR. Many of our best winters actually had a warm December

Back