Pattern November Knock-Out

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Crazy little warm front across AL. Temp went as low as 41 earlier. Now it sits at 56. Fired up the stove when it was cold and now I'm gonna let it burn out.
No warm front, you must have cloud cover over your way. Cloud cover at night holds heat in at surface.

Actually it's possible to warm up at night. Not often but it happens. I remember plenty of times where I was wondering if whether we were on the way to a little winter weather before it warmed up (even if I didn't see it) and then I'd wake up and it was 50+ degrees after it was in the high 30s or low 40s late night.

It's 39 now. I sleep in but I suspect my dad is going to find a morning low that is 11 degrees higher than this.

It's mostly in fantasy land (with my purposes) and certain to moderate (if not change completely) but the GFS drops the hammer cold wise the week after Thanksgiving week.

Euro still looking chilly for end of the month...
55b6673ffb2c967b4f5afbf079e95e3f.jpg
3bd57f9f901e8c72f38a7938d613ad53.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Storm5 and accu35
and more southerly flow coming ahead of the cold front coming tomorrow

That was pretty much what it was. Pseudo warm front where the flow turned southerly. Clouds helped a little but observations in Shelby county and Alexander City supported this. Right after my temp spiked I noticed Shelby county showed 57 while Alex City was at 43 from obs an hour before.

Reactions: Storm5
Damn, what a beauty! (6z GFS)
e02dc8259417c9c29e1a30d7cef11029.jpg

Too bad that area of energy isn't digging. Not sure why it's not digging deeper. The western ridge isn't that tall on this run during the time that energy is out west.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk
4cd16686bfa373b8b062796f16bad767.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: accu35
Damn, what a beauty! (6z GFS)
e02dc8259417c9c29e1a30d7cef11029.jpg

Too bad that area of energy isn't digging. Not sure why it's not digging deeper. The western ridge isn't that tall on this run during the time that energy is out west.

4cd16686bfa373b8b062796f16bad767.jpg

Never will get a storm out of that look for the SE. Western Ridge is too far east and the northern trough is too positively tilted.

I just want cold, don't care about a storm! Let's just hold this magnificent patter on into December, and we're money! Probably get a nice winter storm in December , as this blockbuster pattern breaks down and we torch until next January (2019) :)

I was wrong but it did stall and warm up a little to 43 by about 7:00ish AM.

The warm up though in the morning though was crazy. By 11 it was already 64, a 21 degree jump.

I just want cold, don't care about a storm! Let's just hold this magnificent patter on into December, and we're money! Probably get a nice winter storm in December , as this blockbuster pattern breaks down and we torch until next January (2019) :)
Might want to consider changing the 2019 to 2023 LOL

Reactions: Storm5
You do realize what he is talking about has to do with a stronger system developing that pulls closer to the coast for the northeast
Yes, as of now, if any phase, it will be mostly towards the northeast. But, if phase (if any) occurs further south, some places could see snow east of the APPS, including the southern APPS.